Dr. Lemare-Calaba is a Licensed Clinical Psychologist, Board Certified Quantitative EEG (QEEG Brain Mapping) Diplomate and Neurotherapy specialist. She has over twenty years of experience as a psychotherapist working with children, adolescents, adults, couples and families.
Dr. Lemare-Calaba holds a Doctorate of Psychology from Pepperdine University. Her background includes health psychology, pain management, psychological and neuropsychological assessment, trauma, dissociation, posttraumatic stress, severe mental illness, child and family therapy, crisis management and substance abuse. She is trained in Neurotherapy and QEEG Brain Mapping by Barry Sterman, Ph.D. (founder of neurofeedback), Joel Lubar, Ph.D and Nicholas Dogris, Ph.D. (founder of Neurofield).
Dr. Lemare-Calaba belongs to the American Psychological Association (APA.) She is a Senior Fellow and Mentor for the Biofeedback Certification International Alliance (BCIA) She is a veteran member of Allan Schore, Ph.D.'s Los Angeles study group in developmental neurobiology.
Originally trained as a musician, Dr. Lemare-Calaba is the creator of Musical Overtone Feedback, an experimental method of listening that is based upon the physics of sound. Tones for Musical Overtone Feedback are selected from the Library of Musical Overtone Sounds professionally recorded by Dr. Lemare-Calaba.
Dr. Lemare-Calaba is an author and teacher who speaks internationally and supervises interns in psychotherapy and neurotherapy.
By offering treatment options of Psychotherapy, Biofeedback, Neurotherapy, QEEG Brain Mapping and Musical Overtone Feedback, Dr. Lemare-Calaba helps many clients whose problems might be unresponsive to one therapeutic approach alone.
- Psy.D. Doctor of Psychology, Pepperdine University (APA Approved), 1992
- M.A. Master of Arts in Psychology, Pepperdine University, 1988
- B.A. Bachelor of Arts in Music, University of California at Los Angeles, 1971
Licenses and Certifications
- Licensed Clinical Psychologist (PSY 13961), California 1994
- Senior Fellow and Mentor; Biofeedback Certification International Alliance (BCIA)
- Board Certified Neurofeedback Provider (BCN), BCIA (#E1204) 1995
- Certified in EEG Based Imaging: Quantitative EEG (QEEG); Society for the Advancement of Brain Analysis (SABA) 2001
- Board Certified Quantitative EEG Technologist (QEEG-T); International Society for Neuronal Regulation (ISNR) 2011
- Board Certified Quantitative EEG Diplomate (QEEG-D); International QEEG Certification Board 2017
- Pass with distinction Pepperdine University Doctoral Clinical Psychology Competency Exam
- Finalist, Fourth Annual Common Boundary Magazine Dissertation Award, 1993; The Potential of Musical Sound in Psychotherapy
- Private Practice: 1994 – present
- QEEG/Neurofeedback, clinic partnership with Barry Sterman, Ph.D., Beverly Hills, CA 2002 - 2013
- Psychology study group with Allan Schore, Ph.D., bi-monthly, 1998 - present
- Neurotherapy study group with Joel Lubar, Ph.D., weekly, 2015 - present
- Psychologist, Hollywood Community Hospital of Van Nuys, CA 1994-1995
- Staff Psychologist, No. Hollywood Medical Center, CA 1993-1995
- Pre-doctoral Internship, Didi Hirsch Community Mental Health Center, Culver City, CA, 1992
- Pre-doctoral Practicum, UCLA Pain Management Center, Westwood, CA, 1990
- Pre-doctoral Practicum, Camarillo State Hospital (Neuropsychology Rotation), Camarillo, CA 1989
- Pre-master's Practicum, Tarzana Treatment Center, Tarzana, CA 1987-1988